Benefits of Exterior Painting
Whether you are getting your house ready for the real estate market or are looking for a home improvement project, a new coat of paint can make a huge difference in your home’s atmosphere. Painting both the interior walls and the exterior of your home adds value to your investment and makes the home much more attractive to potential buyers.
A paint job is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to transform the look and feel of your home. A new paint job is known in the home improvement industry as the least expensive remodel.
But did you know that painting or staining your exterior surfaces is also necessary, helpful and can save you money?
- Painting provides protection from chemical attack, UV light, abrasion and environmental factors such as extreme solar and moisture.
- White wall and roof coating provides reflectivity thus saving the energy you could have used to cool your home.
- It is easier to clean painted surfaces because the paint protects surfaces from stains. Painting prevents grime and dirt from becoming embedded into the surface.
- An exterior paint job will protect building materials and save you from expensive repairs down the road.
- A fresh coat of high-quality paint on an exterior surface can decrease the risk of weather related damaged that comes from exposure to harsh and weather conditions.
- A quality paint job can also help protect the home against unwanted insect infestations.
- A quality paint job also keeps moisture away from wall materials, which prevents the growth of mold and mildew.
- Painting and staining seals off exposed areas that are prone to damage from termites and other wood-eating pests.
- Painting can help to not only keep vinyl siding looking fresh, but also extend its life and keep money in your pocket.
- Unprotected wood is much more susceptible to water damage. If your wood surfaces go unprotected, they can absorb water from rain and dew and begin to soften, swell and decay, thus leading to replacement of boards or even entire decks or siding.
By hiring a painting contractor, you can rest assured that every detail will be attended to.